Sunday, September 27, 2009

Back In Barrie......For A Couple Of Weeks

Well, I think 'whirlwind' would be an apt description for the last while with me.

Work picked up from busy to nuts on quite a few fronts.  I've divorced myself from the 'Client Who Shall Not Be Named' and one of our sites and dived into a brand new one.  Bright House is picking up again in terms of training and the like, so I'm working updates and recursive training across four sites, seven teams and three countries.  It's crazy busy, but my team is full of super stars.  As insane as it is, we're making it look easy and it's pretty fun.

We've started work for Comcast in San Antonio and I'll be heading down there to train in a couple of weeks, so I'm on to the pre-planning and running reviews for my team on top of everything else before I leave.  It's been a while since I've done a site opening, so I'm looking forward to that.  I've never been to Texas before and it looks like a really cool area.  Definitely taking in the Alamo, northern Mexico and Corpus Christi while I'm there.  Looks like I'll be coming in to a nice jazz festival when I land too, so that's good.  If anyone can suggest some other things to see, by all means, let me know.

I returned from Niagara Falls (more accurately Tonawanda) on Thursday.  Good visit overall, saw the Falls and things like that again, but I was much more excited to meet my team.  Great bunch in that site too, I'm happy to say.  Went to some neat places and got to hang out with some very cool people.

Late in August, I got word that my Dad had been in for kidney surgery, so I packed off to Owen Sound for a couple of weeks.  Spending some time with my family and with the team in Owen Sound was a pretty good thing all things being equal.  It was a double boon since I'm not sure when I'll be back in Canada.

On the modeling front, it's been stop and start to a greater or lesser degree.  I've been working on two boxes of Lootas for a couple of weeks now.  It turns out that speed painting isn't my strong suit these days.  I think I've been spoiled by too many HQ type units.

At any rate, the bodies of the Lootas are done and I'm working on the rest of the mob in pairs.  If things go well, I might even have a couple finished up today or Monday.

On the other side of things, I've pretty much been working to get old projects off of my desk.  Of course, me being me, I've managed to sneak in a few of those models which I really wanted to paint.

I finished up the Tallaran Officer Nic gave me to paint about a year and a half ago.

I've a Lexmechanic done.

And I couldn't resist doing a Death Cult Assassin because the model is just awesome.

I'm also working here and there on an Imperial Bastion, but there's not much to see yet.

I've also started puttering with a War Machine Bloat Thrall which will probably wind up going into Sean's army of Nurgly stuff.

In terms of current projects though, the main one I'm working on is my Lootas, at least for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment