Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sunny in San Antonio

It's been a busy couple of months. Finished my first class here and they've turned out quite well. To say it's been a whirlwind of activity down here is an understatement. Lots of things going on to be sure.

The site opening is proceeding quickly. We're looking at around 1200 people on site at present and we're bringing more folks on tomorrow. ABay validation went quite well. Should be finished today.

On the non-work side, things have been just as busy. Seen some pretty neat things in town, lots of good food. Found a couple of the local hobby shops, neither of which seem to stock Reaper paints, which is a little puzzling. Definitely got some good deals out of the visits as well.

At any rate, back to it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, and welcome to san antonio! I've got marines hanging out if you want to play some time. I'm nearby gamelot, dragon's lair, and central command. Where and when are you playing at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Paul,

    My apologies for only noticing the reply now. I didn't actually bring my army down, just a random assortment of stuff to paint. My Orks don't exactly qualify as easily portable.

    I've checked out the Dragon's Lair and they seem a nice bunch of folks. I'm in town for a couple more weeks if you'd like to grab a pint at some point.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete