Saturday, July 18, 2009

Gaming and Painting

A bit of an odd Saturday. I slept in and puttered away at my Crusaders. Talk about fun models to paint, they're beauties. I doubt they'll be as cool in game as they look, but I'll field them anyway. If GW ever comes out and does a plastic Inquisition Retinue kit, I'm sure they'd wind up with some pretty cool stuff. Nic gave me a Commissar and an Ogryn to work on as well and they're coming along well. I've gotten the Commissar about half done in the last hour or so. The Ogryn will take a little longer since he's a bigger model and he's getting a bigger gun as well, but that's alright.

Sean and I went to the Gamer's Lair today and played a game through. We drew the game at two objectives each. Sean brought out the Daemons and I went with a thrown together Ork list which worked pretty well considering. Aside from that, Doug mentioned that he's gutting the store in August to be rid of the rat maze effect and make room for more gaming tables, so that's a good thing. He showed Sean and I the drawings and it looks as though the place will be considerably more open when he's done. He's also going to start selling used models and things, which could be interesting. I know I've gotten some bits and pieces from Doug's used cabinet before and they've been descent deals, reasonably comparable to eBay when you factor in the shipping and things.



No comments:

Post a Comment