Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's a cool July

So people are saying anyway.  I don't mind it.  Good weather for wandering round.

Work's been busy and getting busier, par for the season.  I've gotten three new trainers hired on and they're doing well, so there should be more breathing room now than before.

I've gotten Nic's Burnas done, which is a good thing.  I hadn't painted in bulk in a while and doing so again was a bit of a departure.  I can still do it, but it takes longer to get back into that groove than it used to.  I guess I've been spoiled by doing too many command units and similar things.  I've decided to work on either a Crusader or a Wolf Priest next, though I think I've settled on the Crusader.  I want to play around with fabrics and see if I can make them look good with a bit of a cross between blending and dry brushing.  If I get too frustrated with that though, I can pull out the Wolf Priest.  Models like that make me wish I was making a Space Wolves army.  Their regular Blood Claws and Grey Hunters are very nicely done and their character units like Rune Pirests, Wolf Priest, Wolf Guard and Iron Priests are just beautiful.  At any rate though, we'll see how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment