Monday, March 1, 2010

Kill Team?

For our next get together, Sean has decided that he wants to do some Axis and Allies on the Saturday with the potential of some small 40K that night. To this end, we've been looking at smaller games like Combat Patrol/40Kin40Minutes and Kill Team. Basically small, quick playing games.

After re-reading the rules for these games, I've come to wonder how well my Orks will fare. In assault, well, they'll be Orks and just as well at that. The issue becomes whether they will be able to deal with a Brute Squad in a timely manner. Brutes with low toughness and/or poor armour shouldn't be an issue. Things like Space Marines though, the good armour and higher than average toughness can be problematic. In this regard, I'm thinking the lack of reliable shooting is going to be an issue. To that end, I'm considering a Kill Team of Stormboyz rather than Kommandos. I'd be losing out on the addition of a Burna, but I'd gain the flexibility of Rokkit Packs for quick movements.

Anyway, that's a random thought for the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment