Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ork Truk Part.....Uhh..It's Done?

Well, I've a little bit of touch up and detailing to do and I'm intending to add some additional weathering too. However, I'm at the point where I'm not sure what I want to do and the things I'm trying aren't giving me the result that I want. Generally speaking, that's a pretty good indication that it's time to put the model down, do some research and playing around and come back later when things are fresher. The fact that the model is quite table worthy at this point helps too.









The nice thing is that I actually learned a fair bit from this model. Prior to the Trukk, the largest and most complicated thing I'd painted was a Deff Dread. More pieces to this one definitely and painting in stages and assembling is definitely worth while. The lessons though are pretty simple. First, larger brushes are good on larger models (yeah, yeah, shocking I know) and I've the feeling that a larger dry brush would have been handy here. Second, the layered approach I used (doing the metal and then the red paint job) worked, but I really need to start painting chips and things like that since it's far more efficient. Finally, the weathering with salt bit didn't work for me. Admittedly, I tried it late one evening and opted to go from memory. I'll have to reread the article on Brush Thralls and give it another go at some point.

At any rate, that's the Trukk. My next bit of work will be an objective marker I started for Sean last year. After all of those bits and pieces, I'm going to do something simpler. I'll probably try some free hand work on this one though.

No comments:

Post a Comment