Saturday, May 23, 2009

Autarch Finished - Mostly

I finally got that last Autarch done. He's been on my desk for around six months now, so it's good to have him not there. I need to clean up a couple of highlights, but that's about it. I'll be interesting to see how he does on the table in Mike's army as well. With the wings and the Fusion Blaster, he should be able to flit around annoyingly and roast some tanks and I'm hoping the Mandiblasters and Chainsword make him reasonably hitty in close combat. We shall see though.


I also finished another book (I seem to be reading a lot these days). I picked up Heroes of the Space Marines, it's an anthology from GW. Like most anthologies, some of the stories are good, some are mediocre and some are junk. This one was no exception, though I didn't find many junk stories. What I did find though, were lots of odd choices. While I realize that the setting for 40K is of the grim and dark variety, there were enough stories featuring betrayl, human sacriffice and chainsaws to the face (alright, both sides did that last one), that I wound up wondering if the Black Library folks had made a mistake on the jacket, intending to call it Champions of the Chaos Space Marines instead. Perhaps I've just a more conventional view of heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment