Sunday, May 17, 2009

Long Weekend

Well, what I originally thought would be a quiet weekend with lots of time to paint has turned out a little differently. Seems alright though. Friday I went to Chapters to pick up a couple of books and Sir Games-A-Lot to pick up a Trukk. I figured I'd have time to at least make a start on the Trukk and clear some outstanding stuff from my desk. Well, sort of.

Saturday, I grabbed some lunch and a book and killed a couple of hours that way. Then Ivan and Bec asked me to see Angels and Demons. Honestly, probably not a movie I'd have bothered with otherwise, but it wound up being a nice evening with a couple of good friends. The early show was sold out, so we took in the later show after another visit to Chapters and some Vietnamese food at Pho J&J (which I highly recommend, that place is fantastic with the best mango shakes I've had outside of Asia). All in all, a nice evening.

It turns out that we enjoy eachothers' company enough that we opted for breakfast today as well. What can I say, I've fun friends. Anyway, today wound up being a whirlwind. I was home for about twenty minutes before Terry and Jason swung by to pick me up to head for Tanesh's place. That was a nice afternoon of conversation and friends. Some folks didn't turn up for various reasons, but we had a cosy little gathering and Tanesh was good enough to send me home with some of her curry. Good friends, good food and good times.

Thus far, I've basically gotten nothing accomplished this weekend, but I'm OK with that.

Anyway, for the moment, I've decided to start working on an Autarch for Mike. I made a start on the body and the wings, but the model have been on my desk for months now and I'm in the mood for something a little different. Since you can't get much further from smoke belching, rusty, klanking monstrosity than the thin and elegant lines of the Eldar with their natural looking Wraithbone constructs, this seemed like a good choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment