Monday, February 8, 2010

New Stuff From GW

I got a look at the new Deff Dread and Killa-Kans from GW and those are some nice models.  They went from reasonably klanky cans with legs to some really over the top engines of Orky destruction.  The Deff Dread looks to be a little pricier than the current version while the Killa-Kans are the real deal of the lot.  Going from $35 a piece for models which don't fit together well to a trio of models for less than twenty dollars more is simply excellent.

On the Guard side, the Basilisk and Chimera look like they'll be fine things to loot.

The big loser of that release has to be the Flash Git though.  With all of the effort put into describing the Snazzgunz an the Flash Gitz, I kind of expected them to look cool and that model just doesn't.  It does a fine job of a Shoota-Boy with a double barreled shotgun, but that's about it.  Makes me glad I picked up some extra metal Nobz last year for the bodies.  I'm thinking I'll stick with my plan to convert some Flash Gitz.

Regardless though, I won't have to worry on the new kits any time soon.  I've more than enough to paint as it is.

I'm working on some sort of Chaos thing for Nic at present.  He's coming along alright.  I just need to finish his, well, whatever the Chaos equivalent of a Bosspole is and his head, then a bit of detailing and a wash with smoke and he should be done.  I was trying for a partially glowing armour and playing with washes and dry brushing.  The playing with washes on metals worked out alright.  The glowing and burned armour, not so much.  Live and learn I suppose.






Once this one is done, I'll have to talk to Sean and see what he wants to bring to the tourney on the 20th.  If he wants more Possessed for it, I'll probably wind up working on them.  If not, I might try to get my Trukk built and painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment