Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ork Trukk - Part 1 - Wheels and Chassis

So, the first bit of my Trukk is largely done and assembled. The whole model was primed Skull White on the sprue. From there, I put on a base coat of GW Charadon Granite Foundation to darken the colour down. The metal frame was done with Reaper Shadowed Steel. The shocks and the plates on the wheels were painted with GW Tin Bitz, then dry brushed with Reaper Honed Steel. The rims are GW Tin Bitz with Reaper Shadowed Steel dry brushed on. The tires are a 50/25/25 mix of Reaper Pure Black, Reaper Blackened Brown and Reaper Stormy Grey with some matte medium mixed in.



Next up is the engine block. As with the frame, I've based with GW Charadon Granite and so far, applied Reaper Adamantium Black. I'll be adding some highlights and dry brushing for a used metal texture, I'm just not entirely sure of the scheme yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment