Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ork Trukk Part 3ish - Most of the Rest of It

Well, it seems I've done the same thing here I usually wind up doing when I do project logs. I always seem to have a section where I do a fair bit without documenting it. Such is life.

Moving right along, I've had the majority of the Trukk assembled for a couple of days. I wound up reassembling some parts today when I added in the turret mount. I'm not sure what's more annoying, the fact that the images in the assembly guide are flipped or that it took me this long to realize it. At any rate, the Trukk is pretty much done in a bare metal finish. I've got to add the crew and essentially the 'fixins' such as boarding planks, rams, etc.

From there, I'm thinking I'll go with a weathered Evil Sunz paint job, then apply sufficient blue to use it as a looted Trukk for my Death Skullz. I've applied salt water to several sections of the panels with the intention of painting over and then stripping the areas off to create a chipped paint effect. I'll have to see how that one turns out. If anyone is curious about the technique, I found it here: www.brushthralls.com.







No comments:

Post a Comment