Sunday, February 7, 2010

Well, I'm Back

I came home a little over a week past.  Despite the cold, or perhaps because of it, it's good to be home.  I'll miss my friends in San Antonio, but I find that the past week or so has highlighted my appreciation for my team here.  I take comfort from the singular sense of purpose that we all share.

I saw Avatar with Sean on Friday.  To my surprise, the story was fairly descent, though I think the real win for the movie was the blending of live action and animation.  I think special effects have pretty much reached the point which video game graphics reached a couple of years past; the point at which they're simply not going to get much better.  Just as well by my mind.  It may force Hollywood to concentrate on telling stories rather than just making things bigger.  We shall see though.

No comments:

Post a Comment